Developed in Belgium in 2000 as a result of recent evolutions in cognitive science research, Inventory of Work Attitude and Motivation (iWAM) is widely used in North America, Europe and now in Australia.
iWAM is the only diagnostic that specifically identifies 48 personal work and job preferences, in highest and lowest preference, while also contrasting and comparing preferences against those of the Australian working population (Census, 2011).
Team iWAM is used as part of group leadership and development programs, team building programs and for modelling excellence in high preforming teams.iWAM measures each team member’spersonal preferences and priorities on:
- people, money, systems, activity, information, status, time, and geographical position
- personal motivational preferences towards goals or away from stick
- leadership motivational styles of power, affiliation, and achievement
- decision making preferences and styles
- project leadership and management approach
- strategic and visionary thinking
- levels of innovation, creativity and flexibility
- emotional intelligence and self-expression
- requirements for variety, stimulation and change
- social contact and team work
- level of autonomy and shared responsibility
- appreciation of details, systems, structure and procedures
- value on connection, rapport and familiarity.
Some of the companies using iWAM in Australia include Toyota, Colonial First State, Foster’s Beer, Abigroup, BOC Gas, BMW, Delfin Lend Lease, Style Tread, Mortgage Choice, Tourism NSW, University of Newcastle, Ultimate Achievers, Energy Australia, XstrataCoal, Be Learning, Ford Motor Company, TV1& Sci-Fi, John Holland Constructions, Event Emporium, and more.